In Denver, where our bottling factory is located, we give back to the local community by regularly donating bottled water to local schools, emergency services and other civic and charitable organizations, including substantial contributions to the Food Bank of the Rockies. Additionally, factory team members contribute volunteer time for a number of non-profits and organizations in the city including Denver Rescue Mission, Denver Walk: Multiple Sclerosis, and Denver-area schools. Most recently, we donated more than 20,000 of our special blue bottles to support hand sanitizer production at a local distillery in Boulder.
In Chaffee County, where our spring site is located, we work hand-in-hand with local residents and organizations to ensure we understand their needs and concerns so that we can help positively benefit the community at large. Some actions to date include:
- Donating $500,000 to establish two $250,000 Science Education Endowments for Support Our Salida Schools and the Buena Vista Community Education Assistance Fund. These educational organizations have disbursed more than $270,000 to student scholarships, teacher grants, classroom supplies and equipment, while growing the original endowment to nearly $600,000 today.
- Funding $20,000 for new interactive Science Curriculum for Salida Middle School 5th to 8th grades.
- Initiating and funding a Recycling Program for Buena Vista High School including dumpster and dump trailer built by industrial arts students.
- Purchasing recycling containers for Chaffee County Fairgrounds and annual 4th of July Parade.
- Establishing two public fishing access sites with the Colorado Parks and Wildlife at the Ruby Mountain and Bighorn springs sites.
- Providing ongoing financial support and/or water donations to more than 30 local organizations and events including: Chaffee County EMS, Chaffee County Fire Department, Chaffee County Fairgrounds, Buena Vista Community Education Assistance Fund, Support Our Salida Schools, Boys and Girls Clubs, 9 News Health Fair, American Cancer Society Tenderfoot Fundraiser, Collegiate Peaks Stampede Rodeo, Trout Unlimited Collegiate Peaks Chapter, Buena Vista & Salida Rotary, Chaffee County Fair and 4-H, High Country Fine Arts, Buena Vista Heritage, The Optimist Club of Buena Vista, Chaffee County Chamber of Commerce, Chaffee County Economic Development Corporation, Arkansas River Water Basin Forum, Friends of Browns Canyon, Quilts of Valor, and many others.
- Partnering with Chaffee County High School (CCHS), Colorado Parks and Wildlife, and the US Forest Service to create a Master Plan for CCHS’s Little Annie Conservation Camp to provide facilities for outdoor experiential learning for area students.
- Donating approximately 37,000 bottles of water in October 2019 to support firefighters and first responders fighting the Decker Fire.
- Providing a $10,000 lead grant to support a Waste Audit Study in Chaffee County through the Greater Arkansas River Nature Authority, which will provide much-needed data about the local waste stream. Results will help inform a broader strategic plan to improve recycling rates in the County.
- Contributing $15,000 to the Chaffee County Community Foundation’s COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund to support local citizens who have suffered financial hardship due to the Coronavirus.