In Denver, where our factory is located, we give back to the local community by regularly donating bottled water to local schools, emergency services and other civic and charitable organizations, including substantial contributions to the Food Bank of the Rockies. Additionally, factory team members contribute volunteer time for a number of non-profits and organizations in Denver including Denver Rescue Mission, Denver Walk: Multiple Sclerosis, and area Denver schools.
In Chaffee County, where our spring site is located, we work hand-in-hand with local residents and organizations to ensure we understand their needs and concerns so that our operations would only positively benefit the community at large. Some actions to date include:
- Donating $500,000 to establish two $250,000 Science Education Endowments for Support Our Salida Schools and the Buena Vista Continuing Education Assistance Fund. These educational organizations have disbursed over $200,000 in the form of student scholarships and teacher grants, while growing the original endowment to nearly $600,000 today.
- Funding $20,000 for new interactive Science Curriculum for Salida Middle School 5th-8th grades.
- Initiating and funding a Recycling Program for Buena Vista High School including dumpster and dump trailer built by industrial arts students.
- Purchasing recycling containers for Chaffee County Fairgrounds and annual 4th of July Parade.
- Establishing two public fishing access sites with the Colorado Parks and Wildlife at the Ruby Mountain and Bighorn springs sites.
- Providing ongoing financial support and/or water donations to more than 30 local organizations and events including: Chaffee County EMS, Chaffee County Fire Department, Chaffee County Fairgrounds, Buena Vista Community Education Assistance Fund, Support Our Salida Schools, Boys and Girls Clubs, 9 News Health Fair, American Cancer Society Tenderfoot Fundraiser, Collegiate Peaks Stampede Rodeo, Trout Unlimited Collegiate Peaks Chapter, Buena Vista & Salida Rotary, Chaffee County Fair and 4-H, High Country Fine Arts, Buena Vista Heritage, The Optimist Club of Buena Vista, Chaffee County Chamber of Commerce, Quilts of Valor, and many others.
- Partnering with Chaffee County High School, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, and the US Forest Service to create a Master Plan for CCHS’s Little Annie Conservation Camp to provide facilities for outdoor experiential learning for area students.