Committed to Supporting Our Home State
Nestlé Waters North America is committed to giving back to the state that Poland Spring has called home for 175 years. We support causes and organizations across the state that are important to Mainers and align with our business values. We are proud to be a top sponsor of Maine’s Bicentennial. Our donation to the Maine Bicentennial Commission will help support celebrations around the state including the return of the Maine State Parade.
View our Committed to Maine ads.
Through water and monetary donations, it is our privilege to be able to provide support to our neighbors in Maine.
Good Neighbor Grant Program
Over the last decade, we have contributed over $9 million to local Maine community organizations, causes and events through our Good Neighbor Grant Program.
We are proud to collaborate with groups like:
- The Saco Watershed Collaborative
- The Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine
- The University of Southern Maine
- The Ecology School
- Gulf of Maine Research Institute's LabVenture Program
- The Northern Penobscot Activities Council
- Poland Spring Preservation Society
- Camp Susan Curtis
- The Nature Conservancy
- Maine Audubon
- Sportsman's Alliance of Maine
...as well as numerous other organizations across the state.
In 2019, more than 600,000 bottles of water were donated through our water donation program to Fire-Rescue Departments, non-profit organizations and communities in need. Click here to apply for a Poland Spring water donation.
Being a good neighbor is more than just being a friendly face. Each year, we open the doors of one of our three bottling facilities to host a community appreciation event for members of the public. From free food and "touch-a-truck" activities to facility tours, the day is jam packed with fun for all ages.
In August 2019, we partnered with AAA Northern New England, Maine Bureau of Highway Safety, South Portland Police, AT&T, and Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles to educate teens on how to drive safely when near trucks on the road.
We are are proud of our people and the role they play in Maine communities. Many Poland Spring employees are active community volunteers, contributing countless hours to local food banks, holiday giving, community events, environmental education programs, and health and wellness fundraisers. Some of our employees are also dedicated members of local civic organizations, committees and boards.
For the past seven years, a member of our Poland Spring fleet team has been honored to participate in the Wreaths Across America convoy, during the holiday season transporting Maine-made wreaths from Washington County, Maine to Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia where they are placed on the headstones of our nation’s fallen military heroes.
Educating Future Environmental Stewards
We believe it is vitally important to help the next generation of Mainers appreciate and learn about our state’s natural resources. We support initiatives that focus on education related to water and ecology, helping ensure students have the knowledge and skills to protect our environment.
- Our company has awarded more than $250,000 in scholarships to Maine high school seniors through our Good Science Scholarship program started in 2007.
- More than 250,000 Maine students have participated in environmental education programming through Poland Spring curricula and/or funding since 2000. Some of our environmental education partners include The Ecology School, Gulf of Maine Research Institute and the Maine Children's Water Festivals.
- Since 2001, Poland Spring has provided more than a million dollars of support to the Ecology School. This translates to 16,000 students receiving 178,000 hours of science instruction, including water quality testing and learning about the importance of recycling and healthy eating. In 2020, we were proud to announce increased support of the school, with $500,000 to create the Poland Spring Education and Dining Commons on the school’s new campus in Saco, Maine.
- In 2007 we created our own Trout in the Classroom/Brookie Buddies Curriculum, and since then nearly 3,000 Maine students have participated in the program.
- In November of 2018, NWNA continued its support of STEM education and research at the University of Southern Maine (USM) by awarding a $25,000 “Good Neighbor Grant” to the USM Foundation. The grant funded an upland watershed monitoring project conducted by the University’s Environmental Science and Policy (ESP) program.
- In 2019, we committed to a $750,000 investment to support the development of a Nature Exploration and Aquarium Exhibit Gallery at the new Children’s Museum & Theatre of Maine.
Poland Spring Hydration Station
Active lifestyles are important to us, that’s why in 2017 we worked with retired NWNA employee, Pamela Fischer, to launch the Hydration Station, an innovative solution to water on-the-go. The station is a 16-foot, self-contained mobile unit designed to bring complimentary Poland Spring water to event attendees in a convenient way while helping to reduce on-site packaging waste. Wrapped in Maine-themed artwork, the Hydration Station has traveled thousands of miles around Maine and in the Northeast, providing water to athletic races like the Dempsey Challenge, BikeMaine, Eastern Maine Champion the Cure Challenge and Beach to Beacon as well as outdoor community events. Thirsty participants enjoy the convenience of refilling their drinking containers with refreshing Poland Spring on-the-go! You never know where it just might show up next!
All of us at Poland Spring share the global concerns of the public health impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to monitor the situation in Maine and are taking the necessary actions to help protect the health and safety of our people, customers and the communities where we operate. Learn more here about what we are proudly doing to help our fellow Mainers.