To help the communities where we live and work thrive and become more resilient, we support meaningful and effective community programs coast to coast, such as:
- We’re partnering with the Cucamonga Valley Water District to construct a groundwater treatment project that’s expected to restore 237 million gallons of clean drinking water each year to the local water supply.
- Our Arrowhead® Brand Natural Spring Water has partnered with the Southern California Mountains Foundation for more than 20 years. We’ve donated 90 acres in the San Bernardino Mountains — the site of unique environmental education programming — to the Foundation, and our partnership has resulted in hundreds of restoration projects in the San Bernardino and Los Angeles National Forests.
- To help preserve The American River headwaters, Sacramento’s primary drinking water source, we’ve teamed with The Nature Conservancy on extensive forest watershed restoration and research efforts across 10,000 acres in the Northern Sierra Nevada Mountains to reduce the risk of wildfire, safeguard water quality, and potentially increase water yields by up to three percent.
- Since 2006, Poland Spring® Brand Natural Spring Water has partnered with the Gulf of Maine Research Institute (GMRI) to educate fifth and sixth graders from across the state, free of charge, about water and environmental science through the LabVenture! program. For up to 85 percent of attendees, it’s the first time they see the ocean firsthand.
- Deer Park sponsors the "Deer Park Water Table" at Da Vinci Science Center - an interactive exhibit for preschool aged children. The four-foot high table is a practical demonstration of factors that affect the flow of water, teaching the children who play with it about water conservation and recycling. The exhibit features movable parts that visitors can position to manipulate the flowing water. The table is complemented by informational panels describing Nestlé Waters North America’s jobs, efforts to conserve water, maintaining healthy hydration practices, and water recycling.
- Deer Park is also the proud sponsor of the Hydromania Festival, where local third- and fourth-grade students learn about watershed awareness, water conservation and pollution prevention topics. Volunteers from the public water utilities, environmental education organizations and businesses like Nestlé Waters North America teach interactive water education presentations and lead hands-on activities including a scavenger hunt.
- Each year, Deer Park sponsors the Lehigh County Envirothon, the local qualifier for a competitive environmental education program conducted across the state. For students, this event culminates a year of environmental studies as they rotate through testing stations in the areas of Agriculture, Soil and Water Conservation Stewardship.
- Members of Nestlé Waters’ Ozarka® Brand Natural Spring Water help raise funds for the Northeast Texas Children's Advocacy Center (NETCAC) to assist abused children. The 2017 event was the highest-grossing fundraising event for the charity, with more than 35 Nestlé Waters Texas employee participants. Nestlé Waters Texas is also the lead sponsor of the annual NETCAC golf tournament, raising more than $250,000 to support the children’s cause.
- The North Texas Food Bank is the direct beneficiary of many employee-driven outreach efforts at our Dallas and Coppell factories, including monthly food drives, backpack supply drives, paper good drives, and other friendly competitions. More than 50 Texas team members and their families participate in the annual Wounded Warrior Marathon, for which our Ozarka® Brand Natural Spring Water is a sponsor.
- Since 2013, our Zephyrhills® Brand Natural Spring Water has supported WaterVentures, a customized 53-foot semi-trailer that offers environmental education free of charge to schools and community events six days a week all year long throughout Florida. In 2017, WaterVentures welcomed its one millionth visitor.
- We're proud to be the leading sponsor and partner of the Crystal Springs Foundation since its start as a nonprofit organization in 2004. This world-class living laboratory and sanctuary provides quality environmental education programs to guide students toward responsible, environmentally conscious decisions. The Foundation enables more than 50,000 students a year to visit Crystal Springs Preserve and participate in hands-on lessons about springs ecology at a sprawling 530-acre sanctuary, which offers butterfly gardens, miles of trails, kayaking, and other activities.
"Teaching kids and Florida residents how essential water is as a natural resource is more vital now than ever," says Karen Pate, vice president of Crystal Springs Preserve. "We are thrilled to have educated over one million people and look forward to working with the next million in the years to come. We are so grateful to Zephyrhills Brand and our supporters for helping make this happen."