To Press Releases listSep 8, 2017
Supplies to be Distributed through Relief Partner Organizations across Florida;
Company Offers Reminders for Consumers
STAMFORD, Conn. – September 8, 2017 – Nestlé Waters North America is making preparations to assist in Hurricane Irma relief efforts, including large-scale donations of bottled water, as the storm approaches the coastline of Florida.
Nestlé Waters North America will work through our partners, including The American Red Cross, Americares, Gleaning For The World, Convoy of Hope and Feeding America to direct donated bottled water to impacted communities.
Water donations and other on-the-ground assistance in Florida will also be coordinated through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and state and local government officials. As part of our preparations, the company offers the following reminders:
- Nestlé Waters is committed to working with our partners to donate and supply as much water as possible to support the needs of those impacted by the storm. The company has activated our robust supply chain and delivery system that spans across the United States. By activating this system, our disaster partners, and our employees across the country, Nestlé Waters aims to provide clean, fresh water in a timely manner, with the safety of our employees and the community as our top priority.
- Bottled water should be stored in a cool (i.e. room temperature), dry environment away from sources of odor, such as household cleaning products, solvents such as gasoline, paint thinners and other toxic or odorous materials, and away from direct sunlight. A partially consumed bottle should be capped when not being consumed.
- Bottled water can be used indefinitely if stored properly, but Nestlé Waters recommends no more than two years for non-carbonated water, and one year for sparkling water.
- Pricing for consumer retail sales of bottled water is set by retailers. While some retailers may charges lightly more to compensate for their increased costs, Nestlé Waters is strongly opposed to retailers who engage in "price gouging" during these times of high demand and need. Complaints about "price gouging" should be reported to the Florida Attorney General's Price Gouging Hotline at1-866-966-7226.
- Nestlé Waters' three- and five-gallon bottles are intended to be used for water only. For safety reasons, gasoline, antifreeze, kerosene and other toxic substances should never be placed into our water bottles.
- All Nestlé Waters bottles are recyclable. Recycling empty bottles after drinking the water is critically important to keep plastic out of our waterways and landfill, and we encourage people to prioritize recycling! Click for more info from our partner How2Recycle.
Since 2012, Nestlé Waters has donated over $15million worth of bottled water to disaster relief agencies to support people impacted by emergencies, including hurricanes and other natural disasters. Most recently, the company donated some 1.3 million bottles – or 47 truckloads – of bottled water to the victims of Hurricane Harvey in Texas.
Florida is home to nearly950 Nestlé Waters associates and Zephyrhills® Brand 100% NaturalSpring Water, which is sourced from five natural springs in the state.Zephyrhills® has called Florida home for over fifty years.
Nestlé Waters is closely monitoring the evolving needs in Florida and will work closely with our partners to provide on-the-ground assistance.
How to Help
Those interested in aiding relief efforts can support the work of the American Red Cross or Americares. To get in contact with or to seek assistance at a disaster relief site, please call, e-mail or visit the following websites:
The American Red Cross
About Nestlé Waters North America
Nestlé Waters North America provides people with an unrivaled portfolio of bottled waters for healthy hydration. Brands such as Zephyrhills®, Poland Spring®, Nestlé® PureLife®, Perrier®, and S. Pellegrino® have driven Nestlé Waters North America to be the third largest non-alcoholic beverage company by volume in the U.S. Nestlé Waters North America also owns and operates ReadyRefresh SM by Nestlé®, the largest home and office water delivery service by volume in the U.S. Based in Stamford, Connecticut with some 8,500 associates, Nestlé Waters is committed to reducing its environmental footprint across its operations. As a natural resource company, Nestlé Waters sustainably manages our 47 spring sources and maintains nearly 14,000 acres of natural watershed area. The company is also committed to creating shared value and being a good neighbor in the 140 communities where it operates in the U.S.