Bottled Water Product Storage and Handling Guidelines
Nestlé Waters North America bottled water products meet or exceed all Federal Food and Drug Administration and State Health Department regulatory standards for food and bottled water. As with any food product, care must be taken with its proper handling and storage.
NWNA’s bottled water is produced in accordance with the FDA Good Manufacturing Practices and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point programs for high quality and safety. Each bottle is filled and sealed under strict hygienic conditions in our state-of-the-art, Global Food Safety Initiative certified factories, date coded, case packed and delivered to our customer.
General Do’s and Don’ts for the Quality Storage of Bottled Water:
- Store in a cool, dark place away from products with strong odors
- Rotate product on a regular basis
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight
- If storing outside, use a tent/cover to protect products from direct exposure and to shield the bottled water from the outside elements (excessive heat, rain and snow)
- Store bottled water near a heater
- Store bottled water directly on the floor or outside on the ground
- Store bottled water near strong odors or in areas where other contamination may occur, such as gas pumps, smoking receptacles, or next to other products with strong odors
- Store water where it might be subjected to extreme temperatures – either cold or heat