See how our bottled water got its start, and how it has grown throughout the years.
- The POLAND SPRING story began when summer visitors to the Maine resort that featured its name wanted to
return home with spring water. Although that spring is no longer in use, it continues to flow into the historic spring house, which is open to visitors as a reminder of our heritage.
- PERRIER first bottled by decree of Napoleon III
for “the good of France.”
- DEER PARK
is founded from springs in the mountains of western Maryland. Deer Park was a haven
for Washington - types, including President Taft who honeymooned there and reportedly "took the waters.”
- ARROWHEAD begins to bring mountain spring water labeled as PURITAS from the place with the natural “arrowhead” etched into the mountains, to the people of Los Angeles.
- The SANPELLEGRINO Company was founded in Italy.
In 1900, 35,343 bottles of S.PELLEGRINO® mineral water are produced, of which 5,562 are shipped abroad.
- DEER PARK® brand spring water served to First Class passengers aboard the B&O Railroad.
- OZARKA begins bottling spring water in the little town of Eureka Springs, Arkansas, and delivers it in glass - lined rail cars.
- PERRIER® Mineral Water, in its trademark, green bottle, begins advertising in popular American magazines.
- A property owner who wanted to share the fresh-tasting water of his hometown with the rest of Florida started the Zephyrhills Water Company.
- Great Waters of France, Inc. was formed to
import PERRIER® Sparkling Natural Mineral Water to the United States.The natural versatility of PERRIER would forever change the way Americans look at water, offering a refreshing alternative to sugary drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- The ICE MOUNTAIN brand is established to share the quality and taste of its water sources with the Midwest.
- NESTLÉ PURE LIFE is launched as the first multi-site bottled water under the Nestlé brand.
- Our company was founded as Great Waters of France, Inc., and today is known as Nestlé Waters North America, Inc. Our brands have also grown. For example, today we have several spring sources located throughout Maine that provide the great taste of POLAND SPRING® Brand Natural Spring Water. DEER PARK® Brand Natural Spring Water comes from natural springs located in several states in the U.S. ARROWHEAD® Brand Mountain Spring Water comes from carefully selected mountain springs located in the U.S.and Canada.Our sources are listed on the label or caps of each bottle so that consumers can easily see where the water comes from.
For the past 40 years, we have brought under our company umbrella of quality products and peerless service some of the United States’ best - known bottled waters to serve our consumers from coast - to - coast.