The amount of plastic in the world continues to increase – as does the plastic sourced from hydrocarbon supplies. We must work to recover and recycle these plastics to help ensure it does not enter the natural environment and ensure its impact is benign.
Nestlé Waters North America has been working to reduce the amount of net-new plastic in the world by introducing lighter bottles into the market while increasing recycling efforts. However, we believe what has worked in the past to reduce the environmental impact of the packaging we use is not enough. We are committed to helping transform the recycling system, seek innovations to change the materials we use, such as polyethylene terephthalate (PET), and work to recover the unmanaged waste that is ending up in the environment and, more specifically, our rivers and oceans.
Learn more about our packaging innovations commitments:
- Poland Spring and The Recycling Partnership Help Consumers Answer “Can I Recycle This?
- Poland Spring® 100% Natural Spring Water to Use 100% Recycled Plastic by 2022
- Introducing Poland Spring® ORIGIN – America’s Original Premium Spring Water
- Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries Names Nestlé Waters North America as 2019 Design for Recycling Award Winner
- Nestlé Waters North America Will Achieve 25 Percent Recycled Plastic in its Packaging by 2021
- Nestlé Waters North America Signs Agreement with Recycled PET Supplier CarbonLITE
- Nestlé Pure Life® Launches New Bottle Made From 100% Recycled Plastic
- Nestlé Waters North America Launches New Recycling Labeling across all Major U.S. Bottled Water Brands