We are developing packaging for the future to help reach a circular economy and shape a waste-free future.
From making strides on our journey to use more recycled plastic to exploring new materials for alternative packaging solutions and thinking beyond the bottle, we are committed to sustainable packaging practices.
- Sustainable packaging starts with design. We take great pride in carefully designing our bottles – down to the cap and the glue we use on the labels – to be 100% recyclable and to enable them to retain their quality so they can be turned into new bottles.
- In 2018, we announced a goal to use 25% recycled polyethylene terephthalate plastic, or rPET, across our U.S. domestic portfolio by 2021 and 50% rPET by 2025, and we have steadily made progress toward that goal. In December 2020, we reached 20% rPET use across our U.S. portfolio.
- We’re exploring alternative packaging options and thinking beyond the bottle to find new technologies and delivery systems that help us minimize environmental impact.
Like all packaged goods, our packaging impacts the environment. We’re taking steps to improve the impact of our packaging – from sourcing and processing to the end of the packaging life cycle.
In the News: Packaging Innovations
- Poland Spring Joins Forces with the University of Maine to Explore Bio-Based Materials for Packaging
- Nestlé Waters North America Expands Use of 100% Recycled Plastic (rPET) in Three Additional Brands, Doubles rPET Use across U.S. Domestic Portfolio
- Nestlé Pure Life Launches DC Collection Bottles
- Poland Spring® 100% Natural Spring Water to Use 100% Recycled Plastic by 2022
- Introducing Poland Spring® ORIGIN – America’s Original Premium Spring Water
- Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries Names Nestlé Waters North America as 2019 Design for Recycling Award Winner
- Nestlé Waters North America Will Achieve 25 Percent Recycled Plastic in its Packaging by 2021
- Nestlé Waters North America Signs Agreement with Recycled PET Supplier CarbonLITE
- Nestlé Pure Life® Launches New Bottle Made From 100% Recycled Plastic